Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reject merge commits using Adaptivist Scriptrunner?

Michael Brennan December 18, 2017

Hi,

How can I create a pre-receive hook to reject merge commits using Adaptivist Scriptrunner for BitBucket?   This page mentions it's possible:  https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/bitbucket/PreReceiveHooks.html#_reject_merge_commits , but doesn't describe how.  I suspect my installation is using an older version of the plugin, because it isn't specifically listed in the examples.  Presumably there is some block of Groovy code I can add to do it.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hello Michael.

This is a pre-receive hook that is built-in, so you wouldn't need to even craft this yourself. What version of Scriptrunner for Bitbucket are you on? Would you consider upgrading?

Cheers!

Dyelamos

Michael Brennan January 5, 2018

Hi Daniel,

It's not a built-in pre-receive hook for the version I'm using. I'm not sure how to check the version, how can I find that?

I don't have the option of upgrading it since I work for a very large corporation and have no control over what version they are using.  There should be fairly straight-forward way of doing it in the Groovy-based API though shouldn't there?

Michael Brennan January 12, 2018

Hello, any update on this?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Without information about your scriptrunner version I really can't give you relevant information.

Could you please tell me your version? We can take it from there.

Cheers!

DYelamos

Michael Brennan January 12, 2018

How can I detect the version?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2018

Go to Administration->Manage Addons and select Scriptrunner from the dropdown. Also please provide me with your Bitbucket version.

Here are some pictures to guide you:

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.32.40.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.34.17.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events