How to reference a commit from HipChat?

eliezerk August 2, 2016

I have JIRA, HipChat, and Bitbucket. All are linked together... Bitbucket commits reference JIRA issues, and activity on both automatically shows up in HipChat.

I noticed that I can reference a JIRA issue in HipChat and it'll pop up the bug for quick reference. Is there any similar functionality for Bitbucket? I'm thinking of a way to reference a commit or pull request directly from HipChat via keywords or something. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2016

You can paste a link to a commit e.g. like this: https://bitbucket.org/gorillastack/serverless-hipchat-connect/commits/3041448cccb8b8942c679a136b40177015aa9edf?at=master and it will show you a bit of a preview.

However the commit (repository) needs to be public. If a repository is private it wouldn't work.

eliezerk August 4, 2016

This isn't really "similar functionality", this is just how to link to a given commit. I'm curious whether there are any hooks for Bitbucket similar to the ones for Jira.

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2016

You mean if you type "JIRA-1234" in HC it will preview the issue?

We don't have the same for bitbucket, only if you use the full url.

eliezerk August 8, 2016

@Anatoli Kazatchkov - Thanks, that's what I was asking about. Guess you can consider this a feature request, then smile  Thanks for getting back to me!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events