Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover deleted remote branch?

Deleted user June 5, 2014

I accidentally deleted a remote branch and would like to recover it. I haven't made any commits to it but someone else has. Is there any way this is possible?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

That person has to push their local to the remote again.

Okay, great, thanks for replying! What if the other person has deleted their local branch?

Like Martial KONVI likes this
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2014
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2016

So if everybody removes their local repo there is no way to recover a remotely deleted branch?

Like Trevor Daniel likes this
0 votes
Lahiru Liyanage March 11, 2018

In BitBucket A branch is created from master branch. B branch is created from A branch. if A branch is deleted accidently, Can I restore A branch ?  * I am working with B branch..

Makarand Karmarkar October 29, 2019

If you have default fetched the repository when you created B branch it will have the A branch listed in the remote. You can use this to push the 'fetch-time-specific' version of A branch up the repo in the BitBucket.

Like Lahiru Liyanage likes this
0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2015
Michael Südkamp April 18, 2019

This article is marked as only applicable for Bitbucket Cloud. Is that true?

0 votes

Okay, great, thanks for replying! What if the other person has deleted their local branch?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events