Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive Subversion commits of an imported project using the "External issue ID"

Michael Tiede May 28, 2013

Hello,

I was wondering if I can use the "External issue ID" of imported projects. Imagine we have imported several projects from Mantis to JIRA. The importer plugin created the issues (e.g. ISSUE-14) and stored the old Mantis id in the "External issue ID" field (e.g. 8772).

The subversion plugin is already working for new commits including "ISSUE-14" in commit message. Old commits to subversion always included the following "Mantis ID 8772: this is my commit message".

Is it possible to connect these old commit messages to my JIRA issues using the subversion plugin? If not, are there any workarounds?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Michael

2 answers

1 vote
Laura Savičienė April 15, 2015

I have asked the same question in support, and received an answer that there is currently no way to link JIRA issues to the commit other than by using the Issue Key, and they couldn't determine any 3rd party solutions for this either. However, there is a similar request - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39349 - You could vote on it.

Regards,

Laura

Grant Pitel November 24, 2015

We just transitioned our company to Confluence. We are using Mantis and will continue to do so until Atlassian fixes this major port deficiency. We can't loose our correlation between issue number and code version number!

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Just a thought: If Mantis has some way to export as CSV, then you can order your CSV in the same order as issue IDs, then import to JIRA using the CSV, then it will have the same number. I am not sure how Mantis works and if comments are being imported.

Michael Tiede May 28, 2013

At the moment we're using the Importer Plugin to import Mantis projects to JIRA. It works pretty decent. I think your idea is to edit the comments, right?

Imagine the comment in Mantis looks like this (after commiting with the message "Mantis ID 8772: this is my commit message"):

Date: 15:24 - 06.05.2013
Author: username
Revision: 7229

Modified Files:
U repo/trunk/my.project/src/main/java/my/package/MyClass.java

Log Message:
MANTIS ID 8772: this is my commit message

These comments are also imported into JIRA. If I would edit the comment from "Mantis ID 8772" to "Jira ISSUE-14" (before or after importing), then I simply changed the comment. But what I really need is to get the connection between JIRA and the subversion repository.

So for my understanding, I get the connection if I commit to subversion including the "ISSUE-14", but it is not working that I can scan the subversion repository for "Mantis ID 8772" and show the changes in the subversion tab of ISSUE-14.

Hope that wasn't confusing. Any idea how I can handle this?

Best regards,
Michael

Deepa Pawar January 31, 2017

Did you get any workaround for this ? We are trying similar thing for Redmine imported issues and want to link old commits. Only difference is - we have migrated SVN to GIT and git shows old commits for external issue id, not sure how to get that link in Development Panel.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events