Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to not trigger a build when bamboo makes a git push

Jeff Stein December 18, 2015

I have a CI task that is incrementing a build number in my git project, and as such, it has to make a new commit to push out the updated build number.  This in turn goes into stash which signals bamboo to start a build.  Is there a way to suppress this behavior?  Either on Stash's end or Bamboos?  I guess I could check the commit in bamboo and abort the build if the committer is bamboo - but i'm looking for something more elegant.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2015

You can find the answer to this question here: How to prevent a bamboo build triggering?

0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

Hi Jeff,

Bamboo has provision to automatically trigger build plans if code changes are committed to working rep.

Are you looking for something like run your build plan manually, then probably this doc can help a lot.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/running-a-plan-build-manually-289276898.html

BR

Rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events