Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to nevigate from bitbucket issue to related commits

kaipeng_projects November 5, 2017

I have a bitbucket free account for personal use on https://bitbucket.org. When I use markup issue number in commit comment, I got a link to specific issue in commit page, where I can navigate to related issue.

However, when I am in the specific issue page, I can't see the links of all the related commits. I know that I could do it in Jira (at work). Does Bitbucket have the feature of two way navigation between issue and commits?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Kai! I know this question was posted some time ago, but hopefully it will help someone :)

You can link to commits from your Bitbucket issue tracker, you just need to copy the commit hash and it will be automatically linked:

You can refer to Bitbucket issues, requests, and users directly from a comment, issue, or commit message.  When you create a reference, saving the comment (or issue) causes Bitbucket to automatically link to that object.  For items that relate to a repo, such as issues, pull requests, and commits, markdown references to Bitbucket objects always refer to the current repository.  You can also mention an individual or team account, or even insert an emoji.

For more info, please read Highlight syntax and mark up issues.
Let us know if you have any questions!
Cheers,
Ana
kaipeng_projects January 4, 2018

Thank you Ana! Your message still helps! 

kaipeng_projects January 4, 2018

Ana,

More over, your approach is kind of manually adding links from issue to commit, one at a time. 

I wonder if BitBucket has a feature that shows all the commits tagged to this issue. It can be used to reviews all the changes associated with this issue. I remember Jira has this feature. Just wonder if I missed it in Bitbucket. 

Thanks again,

Kai

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events