How to monitor Bitbucket server versions

Bas Couwenberg December 1, 2016

I'd like to monitor new releases of Bitbucket server to alert me when a newer version is released than the one I have installed.

The REST API provides Bitbucket Server version via the application-properties, but I can't seem to find a list of Bitbucket Server releases other than the 'Bitbucket Server 4.11 release notes'. Parsing that is an option, but fragile.

Is there no RSS feed or other machine readable list of Bitbucket Server releases?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2016

You may read here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/205705

As I already wrote there:

"The only relyable source still seems to be https://my.atlassian.com/download/feeds/current/stash.json"

Unless it is still named "stash.json" it is still valid for Bitbucket ....

Bas Couwenberg December 4, 2016

Thanks! The metadata for the downloads makes this a better option than the maven XML.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2018

Hi,

Please refer to this answer which contains a list of RSS feeds with links to latest binaries for all Atlassian Server / Data Center products.

This RSS feed can be monitored to check for new versions being available.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

0 votes
G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2016
Bas Couwenberg December 1, 2016

Thanks, that looks promising.

Limiting the versions to x.y.z releases (without suffix) matches the most recent version available on the download page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events