Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge duplicate users

Ashton Ward May 22, 2015

I'm not really sure what's going on but I have two users for one person (see image).

How can I merge the two accounts together? 

Screenshot from 2015-05-22 12:56:58.png

E: Amending the authors as below was a step in the right direction. The repo only shows one contributor but on the people page "Ashton" still exists and the commit was essentially duplicated. Is this a bug in Stash?

git rebase -i --root

Change "pick" => "edit" @ line 1

git commit --amend --author="Ashton Ward <EMAIL>"
git rebase --continue
git push -f origin master

Screenshot from 2015-05-22 20:25:49.png

1 answer

2 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2015

In Stash, especially for commits, users are determined by the Display Name and then Email address. You'll have to fix the commit authors to get this right.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2015

If you are committing from several computers, make sure you are using the same .gitconfig settings (name, e-mail).

Ashton Ward May 22, 2015

Amending the repo was a step in the right direction though now the commit appears to be duplicated on the people page (see edit in answer). Is this a bug in Stash?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2015

I am not sure on that. Maybe there is a cache somewhere in Stash. Try restarting Stash?

Ashton Ward May 23, 2015

Restarting Stash had no effect. My guess is the database wasn't updated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events