Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map my existing groups and users from Stash while integrating Stash with Crowd?

Hanna Kutkowska July 14, 2014

I am using stash for so me time and lot of users, groups, project has been made. Now I want to integrated it with Crowd but how can I make sure that I will be able to use the exact group division, repos and ssh keys. Should I duplicate each group and user I have in Stash to Crowd?
Versions: - Stash 3.0.1 , Crowd - 2.7.2

I'm sorry if duplicating the topic, but couldn't find anything exact to it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

I would recommend switching the Stash internal directory off after you migrate the settings to Crowd, to avoid problems due to (possibly different) duplicated entries.

Hanna Kutkowska July 14, 2014

Yes, switching the Stash internal directory off is the option I would prefer but do I have to mirror all the groups and users from Stash to Crowd?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

As Jobin said above, first you need to create/import the same groups into Crowd. If there are any unused ones, you can skip those, but all the active ones need to exist in Crowd before you can switch the internal directory off.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2014

Yes, the same users, groups and memerships should be there in Crowd too. Once it is in Crowd, you can add a Crowd directory in Stash and can arrange it above the Stash internal directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events