How to make Jenkins build the branch of a pull request when the pull request is created?

David Karr November 18, 2016

I'm using Bitbucket Server v4.9.0 and Jenkins 2.19.2.

Our team is now creating pull requests on feature branches.  We have Bitbucket configured to spawn a Jenkins build when the PR is merged to master, but I'd like to make Jenkins build the pull request branch when the pull request is created.  I'm not sure how to make this happen.  I have a feeling it will involve the "Pull Request Notifications" feature, but I don't understand how that works.  I've tried searching for documentation, but I can't find anything useful.

2 answers

0 votes
David Karr November 21, 2016

Thanks.  I had already started down that road.  With my initial setup, I found that even though the PRN was in place, I wasn't seeing builds being spawned from new pull requests.  I didn't see any errors, just nothing happened.  I later tried manually "curl"ing the Jenkins URL with the post info. With verbose output, I was able to determine there was an authentication problem, which I'm now addressing with other resources.

What I'm wondering at this point, is there any other way to get diagnostics from the pull request notification? Bitbucket is very quiet here.

0 votes
lilachFeit November 20, 2016

Hi

you can use the "Pull request notifier for bitbucket" (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/se.bjurr.prnfs.pull-request-notifier-for-stash/server/overview)

and set the triggers as you need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events