Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to list all the public repositories from BitBucket?

Raghavendra Upadya May 31, 2017

I have a requirement to list all the public repositories(main not fork ones) through code.

I used rest api, which listed along with the project details. I want to list only repository details without limit.

2 answers

0 votes
Orion IT Team January 29, 2018

Hi, there:

I have the same request to list all public repositories in our self-hosted bitbucket.

Julius Davies _bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2018

The easiest way to get that list on Bitbucket Server (self-hosted) is to logout and then click on the top-left "Bitbucket" logo.  All public repos are listed by default for non-logged-in users.

Alternatively, open up a private browser window, a.k.a. "incognito mode", navigate to your on-prem Bitbucket URL, ignore the login screen, and again click on the top-left "Bitbucket" logo.

Note:  if your Bitbucket repo has zero public repos, then you will only see the login screen.  Clicking on the top-left "Bitbucket" logo will simply take you back to the login screen.  If you have at least one public repo, then clicking on the "Bitbucket" logo takes you to the list of public repos.

If you're looking for a way to do this via REST, let me know, I'll see if I can figure something out.

Like kiran jonnalagadda likes this
Deleted user May 23, 2019

I would be very interested in a way to get a paginated list of public repositories via REST.

Ideally, what I would prefer is a list of public (or not) repositories with "search string" in the name or full name. I know how to do this for non public repos, but being able to expand to public repos would be extremely helpful!

Howard Olson June 27, 2019

I didn't see a response.  Is there a REST API to return all "Public" repositories for Bitbucket Server?

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hi Raghavendra! Since you said you used the REST api I'm assuming you're on Bitbucket Cloud. I'm not sure what you mean by "I want to list only repository details without limit", though. Can you clarify what exactly you want to list, and what have you achieved so far so we can continue helping you?

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events