How to limit pull count to current branch?

Sebastian Schuberth May 30, 2012

How can I permanently make the pull count refer to changesets for the current branch only? I.e., the number of changesets displayed in the toolbar as an overlay to the pull icon should refer to the remote commits on the current branch only.

I know that I can enter a branch name in the "Advanced" section of the pull dialog, but that

1) does not affect the pull count in the toolbar,

2) is not permanent (i.e. I would have to choose the branch on the next pull again),

3) does not work for me anyway (i.e. the number of changes displayed in "Incoming changes" does not change when choosing a branch without any remote changes or not).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2012

At the moment you can't configure this, for Mercurial the incoming changesets always refer to the entire repository. If you like you can raise feature requests & track them at https://jira.atlassian.com

About the pull dialog, selecting a branch to pull from doesn't re-query the incoming list but it does only pull that branch when you click OK.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events