Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if a user is a watcher in A PullRequest with Rest API?

Jgafner November 13, 2020

Hi
I can't find a way to get the watchers of a Pull Request. Any idea ? 

1 answer

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

Hi @Jgafner ,

I've search through the REST API documentation and unfortunately I wasn't able to find any usable endpoint, which would provide such an information. There is only possibility to add/remove some specific watcher to/from pull request. So maybe you can send always POST request for addition to be sure, the user is there? What exactly are you trying to do? Thank you.

Jgafner November 14, 2020

Hi @Hana Kučerová  

I wrote a plugin for IntelliJ same as Jetbrains wrote for GitHub but for Bitbucket server. 

I want user to be able to remove / add theme self as watchers. I can add always the two buttons but users will not know the current status and it is a bit annoying.

It is very strange that there is no endpoint for that.

tnx is anyway 

Jgafner November 14, 2020

Hi @Hana Kučerová  Thanks for replying.

I couldn't find either an endpoint in the rest api doc, this is why I posted the question here hoping in a miracle :) 

I wrote an Intellij Plugin to work against the BB server and wanted to add the same option the user have in the browser to add / remove themselves as a watcher. 

I found this open Suggestion from 2014 but after 6 years I don't think it is going to be implemented.

Thanks again

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Hi @Jgafner,

I've added vote for this issue, but to be honest, I don't think it will help much :-(.

Like Jgafner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events