How to know Bitbucket plugins actual usage

Hi All

On our Bitbucket instance, we have around 30 plugins installed. Now we want to know how many users are using these plugins.

Is there any easy way of identifying which plugins are being used/have been used extensively?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

--Yashwanth

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Yashwanth! There's no real way to determine active users for each plugin, unless the plugin itself implements this functionality.

If the addon adds a new rest endpoint (a specific URL to access the functionality) you might be able to measure the traffic towards that plugin, but that would be up to the plugin's developer and not us. Unless the plugin stores that info somewhere, there's no way you'll be able to access it.

Hope this answers your question, Yashwanth.

Best regards,

Ana 

Thank for the explanation Ana.

Bitbucket team have any plan to include this feature in the near future?

Plugin usage will be very useful for decide the application growth and procure licenses etc.

Regards,

--Yashwanth

Hi Yashwanth! As I explained before, we don't have a way of displaying this data because we need the plugin vendor to share this information with us first. If we don't have access to it, we can't show you :)

You can try contacting the specific vendor you want this info from, and maybe they can provide you with these numbers.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

673 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot