How to integrate confluence for bitbucket ?

KUSHA.BK July 25, 2016

i would like to integrate confluence for my Bitbucket project how to do this? , is there any configuration file  setup required for this ..?.... can any one help me.

3 answers

2 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2016
sebastien ratez March 9, 2017

I can't find any information about how to create an application link in bitbucket. Could you point me out to the way to do it?

Chris Gembarowski July 21, 2017

None of those links address the question.  Creating an application link doesn't mean "integrate."

Once a link is established how do you use it?

How does one display Bitbucket related information in Confluence?

Like # people like this
Richard Cross May 15, 2020

There's nothing built-in to Confluence or Bitbucket that uses this application link, but there are a number of plugins that do:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=confluence&query=bitbucket&_ga=2.152058623.719419454.1589195435-1948111142.1573058364

1 vote
jonathon.penberthy January 15, 2020

ditch Jira, confluence, and bitbucket and use Github instead.

Jim Coryat March 9, 2020

I agree, this trilogy is ridiculously cumbersome and kludgy.  GitHub provides a seamless integration to all the features.  This reminds me of the day when you had separate devices for your phone, camera, music player and GPS.

Like Brenton Tomlinson likes this
Peter May 14, 2020

To expand on your analogy: Smartphones still have not replaced DSLR cameras, audio amplifiers, and dual-frequency GPS.

Different tools for different audiences and use cases.

Like Richard Cross likes this
Richard Cross May 14, 2020

Reminds me of the expression: "Jack of all trades... master of none."

;-)

Like # people like this
Jim Coryat July 8, 2021

Github is a much better tool in every aspect. Actually the majority of the commercial tools out there are much better and provide more out of the box features.  Internal conversation in my company

Q: "Why did we every buy Atlassian?"

A: "Because it was cheap"

1 vote
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

HI @KUSHA.BK

Using Application link you  can link Bitbucket server with Confluence.

Chris Gembarowski July 21, 2017

And then what?  How do you display Bitbucket information in Confluence? 

How would I get a list of projects and repositories?

Like # people like this
Richard Cross January 26, 2018

Take a look at these plugins.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=confluence&query=bitbucket

There are a few available that enable you to display Bitbucket content in Confluence.  Most of them are paid, but this one is free:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.simplenia.confluence.plugins.snippets/server/overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events