Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install hombrew on a bitbucket pipeline?

walter_vargas_pena September 14, 2017

When attempting to install hombrew i get the following error:

```

+ /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
bash: /usr/bin/ruby: No such file or directory

```

Does anyone know a way around this?

1 answer

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Which docker image are you using in your Pipeline? You may be able to find one that already  has Homebrew installed.

walter_vargas_pena September 16, 2017

im not using docker, Im using a ruby environment and its failing when i attempt to install homebrew 

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2017

Pipelines uses Docker for the environment.

Pipelines support docker but in this situation im just running a standard ruby env 

jredmond
Atlassian Team
September 16, 2017

I think you misunderstood me: Pipelines doesn't just support Docker, Pipelines is Docker. The Ruby environment you're running is a Docker container, as defined in the first line of bitbucket-pipelines.yml.

You may be able to specify an environment that already has homebrew installed, or you can build your own image if you'd prefer.

ah thank you for the explanation. Things are clearer now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events