Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include project in repo path not just team name

Andrew Winter June 1, 2017

I just created a team and transferred some repos to it. Previously, the repos  would show in sourcetree as <project name>/<repo>. Now they show as <team id>/<repo>. I still have them in separate projects under the new team, but the projects don't seem to be useful for grouping the repos anymore. 

I would like the team members to see wich project each repo belongs to in the sourcetree repo browser. Otherwise, it is hard to know which repos are needed.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Damiano Radice July 21, 2017

I like this too - just opened the request for Bitbucket here:

https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/14549/use-project-name-in-repo-path-instead-team

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

For everyone commenting +1 in this thread: please go and vote for the idea @Damiano Radice created if you haven't already, as that's how our team makes decisions about what features to work on.

Thanks for your support!

Kind regards,

Ana

0 votes
J Brugos September 21, 2018

+10

0 votes
DanielTS85 August 28, 2018

+1

0 votes
Deleted user February 14, 2018

+1

0 votes
Jacob Thomason July 17, 2017

+1 on this

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

Hi Andrew, using project_name/repo_name is not possible. It goes the same for Bitbucket, project names will not show in the url of the repository.

If you'd like to propose this idea, you are welcome to submit a Feature request at jira.atlassian.com for Sourcetree or at bitbucket.org/site/master for Bitbucket, just by clicking on the Create button.

Hope this helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events