Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import the bitbucket server repository to new bitbucket server

Yossi Abu November 13, 2017

Dear Support, I use Bitbucket server for more than year. Because of IT problems on the computer which hosts the Bitbucket server I forced to reinstall the operation server on it. Now I reinstalled the bitbacket server and want to import the previously used repositories in it (I found them in the old server Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bitbucket\shared\data\repositories location).

How I can do it?

Regards, Slava

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Hi Yossi! If you have the repositories locally available, then you'll be able to upload them to the new Bitbucket Server as normal. Keep in mind that the history from the repositories will not be transferred, as it looks like you don't have a proper back up of the old Bitbucket Server. The instructions can be found at Importing code from an existing project.

If you do have a backup, then the steps to follow are different and they can be found at Migrating Bitbucket Server to another Server.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Many thanks Anna, I simply created the new repositories on the server with the same names as was on the old server and copy the old repositories data to the corresponded repositories folders (like C:\Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bitbucket\shared\data\repositories\12).

After rebooting the server all worked perfect and I can see the old repositories data and history!

0 votes

Many thanks Anna, I simply created the new repositories on the server with the same names as was on the old server and copy the old repositories data to the corresponded repositories folders (like C:\Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bitbucket\shared\data\repositories\12).

After rebooting the Atlassian server all worked perfect and I can see the old repositories data and history!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

That's great, Yossi! Glad to hear it worked for you :) 

Have a nice evening,

Ana 

Thanks, the same for you

Slava March 4, 2018

Dear Anna, after migration the server worked ok. But suddenly we detected the following problem: we don't have administrative permissions on the server and can't enter to administrate bitbucket page to add the new users.  How we can reopen the administrator capabilities on the server?

Regards, Slava 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events