How to have capital letters in project's root directory

Artur Rataj May 18, 2018

Hello,

I have some projects with capital letters in their names, this is visible in Bitbucket. Yet in the git links the same names have been changed by the system to lowercase and also when checking out, the root directories of these projects have only lower case letters.

The projects can not find one another because of that and thus I need to rename manually. How can I correct the situation directly within Bitbucket?

2 answers

0 votes
Artur Rataj May 22, 2018

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your answer. I have several projects which require to be checked out in the same directory, so that one can find files in another (for example, because it depends on it). Obviously, root directory names of each project identify it and making it lowercase will break paths like ../OtherProject/dist/OtherProject.jar because now the path would really be ../otherproject/dist/OtherProject.jar

Best regards,

Artur

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2018

Hi Artur, welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

The link contains the slug of the repo, that's how they're generally used. For more info you can check What is a slug? We have a Feature request for that at Allow uppercase characters in repo slugs, you can vote for it and watch it to be notified of further updates. 

Regarding the last part of your message, what do you mean by

The projects can not find one another because of that and thus I need to rename manually

can you elaborate a bit more on what you're trying to do?

Let us know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events