Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to globally disable the public checkbox

Since we now have a cloud based Bitbucket I'm concerned that someone accidently can make any repo public, so I do want to disable this feature for everybody in our team.

Or is there one other way to handle this?

R/Egil

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R Atlassian Team Jul 16, 2021

Hi, @Egil! Welcome to the community! 

Currently, it’s no possible to disable the checkbox to make a repository public, however, we already have a feature request to implement this on Bitbucket as you can see here:

We also have a feature request to show dialog when making a repository public from private:

I've linked your question to these features. Please consider adding yourself as a watcher, this way you get updated as we make progress with this. 

If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here: 

Besides that, just users with admin access will be able to access the Repository settings and make this change. 

Please, feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this subject. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,086 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you