Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give logical conditions in branch permission

Bijoy Thomas December 15, 2016

Hello

I need to restrict master and release/* branches to avoid "deletion, rewrite history, changes without PR" and I've tried this "master|release/*, but didn't work for me. Is it possible for me to combine these two in a single rule? I know I can give separate rules, I'm looking for more optimized solution.

Thanks/Bijoy

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2016

Hi Bijoy, 

you will need to create 2 separate branch permission rules, there is currently no way to do it in a single rule. If I may ask, why are you trying to put both in the same rule?

The pattern matcher in Bitbucket Server does not support the full regex syntax, see the Branch permission patterns page for details.

For the use-case you describe, you can create the following permissions: 

• "Branch model" for the "release" prefix or "Pattern" with "release/"
  • "Branch" for "master" or "Branch model" development branch (if master is your default branch) or "Pattern" with "refs/heads/master"

Felix

0 votes
Bijoy Thomas December 15, 2016

Hi Felix

Thanks for the quick response. We used to use regex for other hooks and I've tried the same here also and didn't work.So decided check with Atlassian, that's it. I'm OK I can create multiple rules.

Thanks/Bijoy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events