Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get FishEye handling svn:externals?

Serge Dukic May 28, 2012

Hi,

One of the builds on our Bamboo server has FishEye configured as a web repository. The repository in question makes use of the "svn:externals" property to include another repository and the build is set to detect changes to "svn:externals".

The problem is that when these changes are detected by Bamboo, the changeset URL's are all wrong, i.e. they don't point to a valid location in FishEye. For some reason, FishEye doesn't follow the "svn:externals" property (i.e. doesn't show the contents of the external repository) and there doesn't seem to be a configuration option to do this.

How can we get FishEye to show the contents of any repository included using the "svn:externals" property?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2012

I don't think you can do it - you can only link one project in FE to your source repository. Having externals means that you're (potentially) accessing multiple projects. I've opened an improvement request for this.

Serge Dukic May 29, 2012

Thank you for the quick answer. I was just wondering though, is Bamboo the place for this improvement, or should FishEye be configured so that it follows these external repositories and makes them seamlessly available to Bamboo? i.e. Bamboo doesn't even realise that one of the directories in the repository is actually an "external"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events