How to fetch my build artificat[Jar] after maven build completed

Archana May 9, 2017

I m building jar through maven and converting it to docker image. How can i fetch my jar to pass to docker file. In log, it is stating that it is available in .m2. How to pass to next step:

Installing /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/target/gs-spring-boot-docker-0.1.0.jar to /root/.m2/repository/org/springtest/gs-spring-boot-docker/0.1.0/gs-spring-boot-docker-0.1.0.jar
[INFO] Installing ./pom.xml to /root/.m2/repository/org/springtest/gs-spring-boot-docker/0.1.0/gs-spring-boot-docker-0.1.0.pom

2 answers

0 votes
jacobjoy May 15, 2020

In the case of Bitbucket pipelines. 
Once build,  Use the artifacts to load from the target for this example I am using mvn for build

script:

- mvn clean install

artifacts:

- /target/test-docker-0.1.0.jar

And then you can use it in other places:

FILE: 'target/test-docker-0.1.0.jar'

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

There are different ways. Your jar files will be in the target folder relative to the working directory. You can just fetch from there. Or you can it defined as a shared artifact and download it in another stage or a different build. It depends on how the build is designed and where the Dockerfile reside.

Archana May 9, 2017

Thank you Jobin. Can you please let me know how to make it as shared artifact and use it for another stage of build.

My source is in below link:

https://bitbucket.org/testdocker/firstproject/src

I m trying to pass gs-spring-boot-docker-0.1.0.jar which was build by maven to my Dockerfile to create image. But i was not able to pass jar file.

Archana May 10, 2017

Any help would be appreciated. 

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

I am sorry, I assumed that you were using Bamboo foir the build. I see now that you are using Bitbucket pipelines. Not sure about that one Hopefully someone has an idea on how that works.

Archana May 11, 2017

No problem Jobin. Thank you for your response

Deepak January 28, 2018

@Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist] @ArchanaI am facing similar issue and I am using bamboo build pipeline. Is there any way we can use shared artifacts in the next stages if the version name changes after every maven build / release? I need to get the exact spring boot jar name (including version) to use it in the deployment project. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events