Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to expand transitions avail in merge pr dialog?

Perry Moutzouros March 4, 2021

Hello,

I like the potential of this new widget at the bottom of "Merge pull request" dialog on Bitbucket Cloud. There is an information bubble that states not all transitions are available because they require additional user input. In my case. I want to transition a JIRA ticket associated with this PR from "In Progress" to "Start Testing". In Jira (cloud), my workflow defines a simple comment screen that allows developers to enter a comment before transitioning the ticket to "Start Testing".

Do I need to remove this screen in the transition all together to get this new BitBucket "merge pull request" -and- transition issue workflow to automatically work?

I like this shortcut and availability in this Bitbucket dialog. I'd like to use it. In a perfect world, you would simply copy the commit message associate with the PR right into the comment field for my JIRA workflow transition. Or allow me to do the mapping myself. Right? So what are my options currently? 

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 10.25.52 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Perry Moutzouros ,

It's good to hear that you find this functionality useful!

Regarding the transition that doesn't show, I'm afraid that we don't handle transitions that require user input. I can open a feature request for this in our issue tracker if you'd like, please feel free to let me know if you'd like me to do that.

At the moment, the only way for the transition to show would be to remove the requirement for user input.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events