How to enforce two factor authentication for all Bitbucket cloud users?

Martin Trneny December 1, 2015

I know that if I'm a member of some team I could turn on 2FA but if I'm in admin position obvious security policy is "Enforce users to use 2FA". How can I do that? Is there any admin option for that? 

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2015

Hi Martin, 

Unfortunately there isn't an option that you can force your users to use 2FA, even if you are the administrator of that team/repo. Actually, we have an improvement request feature open for it on this link: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/11712/allow-team-admins-to-require-two-step

Feel free to share your thoughts there and what that for any news. 

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Cheers, 

Renato Rudnicki

5 votes
Martin Trneny December 21, 2016

Hi Gary,

yes, I noticed it. It would be a nice present before Christmas unfortunately there is a significant problem - you are taking this essential security function as a premium!? And please don't tell me that this cost only $5/user/month as it is not true - we must pay $25 / month for first 5 users and I will wonder what will be the next very expected feature included at premium plan as it seems that for the feature you are taking only the premium plan where the new features will fit....

Regards.

Martin

4 votes
Hui Zheng January 29, 2019

Agree with @Martin Trneny 2FA should be considered as an essential functionality in this era. Can't believe we will be charged to enable this. 

3 votes
Anthony Cunningham February 8, 2019

Also agree, this shouldn't be a cost option. 

2 votes
Mateo Barraza February 20, 2020

The number of reasons to drop this software keep on adding up!

1 vote
valor September 2, 2020

And I thought when ****** announced the free private repositories and the change in the pricing model it was going to kill bitbucket...  clearly I was wrong, bitbucket is much better than the competition in killing itself. This kind of product decisions for our company means we have to accelerate the migration to another provider. 

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2016
adriancarr001 March 18, 2021

And it's only available to premium members? Atlassian "clearly" cares about security....

seajaredcode June 17, 2021

Yep! This is actually the straw that breaks the camel's back. We're starting the migration away from bitbucket to "the alternative." I can't write it because Atlassian hides the name! (as if hiding their identity makes bitbucket more competitive with it?) Let's see... More expensive, fewer features, slower innovation, less standard, and less secure than the "git hosting provider that shall not be named".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events