cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display repository details?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

I'm looking at migrating to Stash from an existing git server that uses a web front-end. The web front-end, amongst other things, displays a summary of the repository when you click on it. The summary displays the description, date of last change, the various URLs, and a shortlog of commits.

Stash will display the log of commits when I click on the Commits tab, but is there a way of displaying the other information that I've listed above?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

There is no possibility for this at the moment.

Displaying an description can be achieved via putting a Readme-File into your Repository. This Readme is being rendered ...

(see: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.pirateninjaunicorn.stash.readme-parser)

STASH itself does not store any meta information about your project (except git relevant information - description is not git relevant). You have to store this information within your git repository itself.

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2014

Hi Phillip,

Maybe this plugin can help you:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stiltsoft.stash.graphs

Quoting the plugin description:

Awesome Graphs offers two sets of features: the basic set is free and the advanced set can be unlocked by installing an evaluation or commercial license.

Basic functionality (you can use it for free) includes:

Contributors Overview orders all repository contributors by commit number

Commit Activity shows a weekly breakdown of commits made over last year

Day and Hour Punchcard groups all commits ever done in your repository by day and hour

Advanced functionality (available only under an evaluation or commercial license) includes:

Ability to Select Repo Branches lets you show graphs for any of your repository branches

Code Frequency shows the number of added, deleted and total code lines over a lifetime of the project

Contributions gives you an idea how many commits were done by each commiter over the past year with detailed stats by day

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,

Celso Yoshioka

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2014

Unfortunately, that isn't really what I'm looking for, although I have installed the plugin because I think the graphs are quite interesting.

I've now submitted a feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-4752

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events