How to create an OAUTH consumer key in Bitbucket Server

Marco Minetti July 4, 2017

Hi, I've read all the documentation and tried to find out the OAuth section in settings and querying apis from users endpoint, but I'm not able to create an OAUTH consumer key in Bitbucket Server 5.1.0. I've checked out that I have installed several "oauth" plugins (version 2.0.4), but the "Atlassian OAuth Admin Plugin" does not install any modules.

Can you please support me?

2 answers

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2017

Assuming "querying apis from users endpoint" means sending REST requests from external systems to Bitbucket Server, you might want to read Mibex Software's nice walk through on How to use OAuth with Atlassian products - their example is based on Bamboo, but applies to Bitbucket Server as well:

While Atlassian’s cloud solutions like Bitbucket Cloud make it very easy to use OAuth, the behind-the-firewall editions of Atlassian products like Bamboo Server make this significantly harder — yet not impossible. In this blog post, we will show you how you can access Bamboo’s REST API with OAuth1. To achieve this, we’ll make use of application links. Although we have chosen Bamboo here, the basic procedure is the same for JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket Server.

[...]

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2017

Hi Marco, are you trying to develop a plugin or application that uses oauth to connect to Bitbucket Server? In that case you might want to have a look at this article.

If you're not, can you let us know what are you trying to accomplish so we can help you better?

Cheers,

Ana

David Catmull August 7, 2018

That link no longer works. Can you please post an update?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events