How to connect Bitbucket to Wamp? (and vice versa)

Philip Eliot July 12, 2017

Hello,

I have a functioning Wordpress website.

My developer uses Bitbucket and Sourcetree, with a local installation on his computer, to update/version my wordpress website.

I am included in Bitbucket account, with full access.

I have WAMP installed on my local machine.

I have Sourcetree installed on my local machine.

QUESTION:

All the elements are in place, but I don't know how to connect them. I want to be able to make amends on my local machine, then send them to Bitbucket, and apply them to my live site.

How do I do this?

2 answers

0 votes
PaulFrame85 March 11, 2021

I have this same problem. Did you get an answer?

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2017

Hi Philip, I don't know how far you went on the setup of SourceTree and Bitbucket, can you reply the following so we have a better understanding of your situation?: 

1. Do you have access to the repository in Bitbucket? (you said your developer has local installation on his computer, so I'm assuming you're using Bitbucket Server, please let us know if otherwise).  
  2. Have you connected your Bitbucket account to SourceTree already? If you haven't you can follow Set up SourceTree to work with Bitbucket Server

Once you set up the above, you'll be able to make changes and push them to Bitbucket using SourceTree. However, I've never used WAMP so I won't be able to help you with that part. I did some research and found Using WAMP, in case it helps.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events