Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to commit file to Bitbucket using API?

talusani December 18, 2013

Hi all,

I want to use Bitbucket API to commit files to online repo.

what s the way i need to follow?

where can i get info or examples?

are there any PHP libraries available?

4 answers

1 vote
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2014

At the moment, a commits API does exist, but is internal until we can make it consistent with the 2.0 API. You can discover how it works by watching the requests using our online editor. Some time in the future we will work to bring this to the 2.0 API.

1 vote
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2014

The best I can offer is the following link as a resource but it sounds link it won't suffice your needs:

The commit and commits resources allow you to retrieve and compare information about commits. You can use the commit resource to get data about a single commit. A commit is an immutable resource; you can't create or update a commit with this API.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/commits+or+commit+Resource

0 votes
tlroche January 21, 2014

@Marcus Bertrand [Atlassian]: "discover how [the upcoming read/write commits API] works by watching the requests using our online editor."

I'll try that.

"Some time in the future we will work to bring this to the 2.0 API."

Is there a ticket for this, or other means by which interested users could vote up/down?

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
January 21, 2014

I've reopened https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issue/8672/is-there-any-api-to-make-a-commitand added a comment stating the same as here. Please us the 'vote' feature to help raise the issue's priority.

Like Kartik Jain likes this
0 votes
tlroche January 21, 2014

Note that I share this problem, and have created an FR (BBS-7225) for this. Your support for a fix is appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events