How to clear captcha when using Crowd with BitBucket Server

Dave Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to configure CAPTCHA in Bitbucket Server

The Bitbucket Server documentation describes how to clear captcha for a user.   That option doesn't seem to be displayed when you're using Crowd for user management, however.   Is there any solution short of shutting down the whole system and disabling captcha site-wide?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2016

Hi Dave, 

the option to clear a captcha should be displayed, provided the user has triggered a captcha. If the user has not triggered a captcha, the button will not be shown. 

Captchas should not be tied to the backing directory, they are a feature of Bitbucket Server. You should not need to shut off the captcha system wide (nor would I recommend doing that). 

If this does not work for you, you can raise a support request at https://support.atlassian.com (or via the "Contact Support" link in the footer of your Bitbucket instance).

Felix Haehnel
Developer
Bitbucket Server

Dave Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2016

I contacted the user and it sounds like he was probably able to clear the captcha himself, which I guess is why I didn't see the option to clear it.   The user said the captcha image wasn't even displayed in IE - just a broken image.   Using Chrome, he was able to see the captcha image and get past it.

When I didn't see the "clear captcha" option on any user, I assumed it was because we're connected with Crowd.   Sounds like it's something that's only shown when needed, so I guess I won't be able to verify until this problem re-occurs.

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2016

Thanks for the follow up. Could you let me know which version of IE was used? We only support IE11 in the current version(s) of Bitbucket Server, so if that's what was used, I'll take a look and raise a bug to get that fixed!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events