Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change repository user privileges via API 2.0?

lobkov1712 March 10, 2019

Hello,

I'm looking for option to change repository user privileges via API 2.0. But at tutorial I find only option for API 1.0 wich is deprecated - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/groups-endpoint-296093143.html. When I looking through documentation for API 2.0 I found only GET request's is it mean that nowaday there is no working solulution to change permition/privileges/grant via API 2.0?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2019

Hello Lobkov,

You are correct in that the Bitbucket Cloud API v1 is being deprecated come this April of 2019. With that said, we did release a legend which explains which endpoints are being deprecated and what they’re being replaced with. With this said, the following can be found about Groups and Permissions within the v2 API (Deprecated APIs and 2.0 alternatives):

Groups: None

User groups can no longer be managed using the REST API.

Privileges: Permissions

User access to repositories can no longer be managed directly with the REST API. However, you can still GET details of repository and account permissions.

1.0 resource
privileges endpoint
privileges resource

2.0 alternative
2.0 permissions resources

What does this mean? Groups have been removed from the v2 API and will no longer be accessible. Permission presently only have GET verbs available which will not allow you to modify any permissions over the v2 API. Further information on this may be found within the deprecation notice which is located at Deprecation notice - Bitbucket Cloud REST API version 1 is deprecated effective 30 June 2018.

I hope this proves helpful and clarifies what capabilities are available within the v2 API.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events