Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change or delete team account email address?

stijn July 3, 2017

Once we started using teams and probably at some point an email address was assigned to it. Now we want to use that email address to create an actual user account. However I find no trace of a setting which can be used to change the address associated with the team.

Also signing up for a new atlassian account with the email address doesn't work: "Your email address already belongs to a Bitbucket account. Please log in below."

The account associated with the email has no password as far as I know, trying to change it (using 'forgot password' link) results in "Team accounts cannot log in and cannot reset their passwords. Teams must be managed by a user account with appropriate permissions. If you need access, contact your team's administrator. Or contact Bitbucket Support for more help".

So, since team accounts cannot login anyway, how do I get rid of the seemingly deprecated and unused association between a team and an email address?

(this question is similar to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/How-to-change-the-email-address-of-a-Bitbucket-team-account/qaq-p/62976, but that one is old, and the solution there doesn't apply anymore since all id/team changes)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi! You can let us know the email address associated to your team and we'll fix it for you. If you don't want to display that publicly, you can submit a ticket at support.atlassian.com and we'll continue helping you. Remember to mention this post in your ticket so we know this is being taken care of :)

Best regards,

Ana

stijn July 3, 2017

Hi Ana,

thanks for the quick reply. I submitted a ticket for this, ticket number is #BBS-58552

Best Regards,

Stijn

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi Stijn, the email address has been removed. You can try now and use it for a different account. 

Let us know if you need anything else!

Cheers :)

Ana

stijn July 3, 2017

Hi,

all ok now, and no further need for assistance at the moment.

Again, thanks for sorting this out so fast.

Best,

Stijn

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2017

Glad I could help you, Stijn! Have a nice day.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events