How to bypass server id for Bitbucket Licence?

Melissa Ffrench November 1, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to download my bitbucket license, but i need to input server id, which i cant as i don't have this.

Anyone, know how to bypass this?

Kind regards,

Melissa

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2017

Hi Melissa,

A Server ID is always required to generate a license. If you're trying to generate a license for the first time, the easiest way to do that is to start Bitbucket Server and then go through the setup wizard, which will help you generate a license for you (it even populates the Server ID for you).

If you already have Bitbucket Server up and running, you can look up your Server's ID by going to http://<servername>:7990/admin/license - the Server ID will be displayed at the top of the page.

If you don't have access to your Bitbucket Server instance, you can run the following query on the backend database to determine the Server ID:

select prop_value from app_property where prop_key='server.id'

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2017

Hi Melissa, have you followed the instructions at Updating your Bitbucket Server license:

You can retrieve existing licenses or generate an evaluation one by clicking the My Account link.

If you're still unable to generate a license, can you post a screenshot of what you see in that screen so we can continue helping you.

Cheers!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events