Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to authorize Bitbucket Pipelines to access a private Docker Hub repository?

Andy Kluger November 4, 2016

I'm trying to use Bitbucket Pipelines with a private repo on Docker Hub, but I've been spidering around the docs and can't for the life of me find out how to authorize BBP to access it. I tried anyway to see what would happen, and the build unsurprisingly says it can't find that image.

How can I authorize BBP to access the private repo? The BB Pipelines docs assure me that "we support public and private Docker images from Docker Hub or your own registry," but don't mention *how*.

1 answer

1 accepted

Eddie Bush August 18, 2018

I think I'm missing something. I have read and read that page and it has not helped me yet.

I have tried putting the image at the top of my file and in the step. In each case, if I try to add username, password and email, the image is not pulled. If I only list the image, the pull is attempted but fails.

I must be missing some small detail. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jeremy Stafford November 16, 2018

@Eddie Bush the answer to the auth problem is pretty early in the article:

image:
  name: <aws_account_id>.dkr.ecr.<region>.amazonaws.com/openjdk:8
  aws: 
    access-key: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY
    secret-key: $AWS_SECRET_KEY

the image field supports more than just the image name

Like # people like this
Eddie Bush November 16, 2018

Thanks, @Jeremy Stafford. I'm actually using DockerHub for mine, and I wouldn't exactly say that the instructions worked for me.

Thanks for the follow-up though!

Jeremy Stafford November 16, 2018

@Eddie Bush @@ There are examples for both private and public dockerhubs. What exactly isn't wo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events