How to add a subversion project?

Ademar Peixoto August 1, 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a subversion repo like this : htttp://mehost.com/my/project/here , but it seens to crash on the auth part, can anyone have a simply tutorial or something like that who explains how to deal with subversion?

Thanks in advance and sorry by my poor english

3 answers

2 votes
Ademar Peixoto August 10, 2012

I give up, I will continue with the command line, it's a shame, but in my work only use subversion =(

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2012

It is a shame that Atlassian does not consider subversion systems important anymore given they are still very much in use.

MikeL August 11, 2012

Sourcetree is limited to what git-svn supports. Its support is indeed very limited compared to real SVN clients. The best solution for "distributed SVN" I found so far, is smartGit. According to their website it does not rely on git-svn but comes with it's own SVN client and the belonging Git interface.

0 votes
Mauricio Montero Díaz August 9, 2012

Please, in what command line of what window of what menu this workaround is done? I'm using SourceTree for Mac.

Thank.s

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

You can open Terminal any way you like, e.g. from LaunchPad, Spotlight or from Finder. Then you just type 'svn info URL' and answer the login prompt.

Mauricio Montero Díaz August 10, 2012

Sorry, I'm sure doing something wrong:

Last login: Fri Aug 10 13:22:26 on console

ModimaMacBook:/ modima65$ svn info URL

-bash: svn: command not found

But I don't know what.

Ademar Peixoto August 10, 2012

I give up, I will continue with the command line, it's a shame, but in my work only use subversion =(

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2012

Subversion unfortunately does its own authentication cacheing and doesn't always flush password prompts which is why this can be a problem. The easiest way to resolve this problem if you have it is to run 'svn info URL' on the command line once for this repo, which will cause svn to cache your credentials and avoid the issue.

Apologies for this, we could fix it by distributing a custom version of Subversion but since SourceTree is primarily Git/Mercurial and SVN is just a legacy fallback we don't intend to do this. This workaround resolves the issue in all the cases we've seen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events