How to Backup and restore stash server

thekngmkr2015 January 12, 2016

How to proceed with Stash server backup and restore???

Moved all my servers but stash does not have direct backup mechanism.

All my repository content is Missing

3 answers

0 votes
thekngmkr2015 January 12, 2016

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply,

We are taking a of Stash 3.6 backup and trying to restore on a Test server. For development purpose.

But did not find any options in Administrative page, to Backup and Restore.

We followed the below instruction but lot of data is missing.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/data-recovery-and-backups-776640050.html

Missing data means, all repositories are replicated, but the content of the repository is missing

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016
0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2016

Hi Amar,

As mentioned by Gabrielle, it'd be good if you could clarify what exactly you're looking for.

If you want to move Stash to a different server, we recommend you follow these guides:

Hope that helps.

Best,
Thiago

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

Your problem is not clear to me. I will try to rephrase, correct me if I'm wrong.

You moved all the contents of your server and now you cannot access your Bitbucket Server (formerly Stash) because it was probably not moved correctly or was not working anymore.

First, your team/company should have their own backup procedures before doing stuff like this. Atlassian provided a tool/feature to perform a backup of the tool (read https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/data-recovery-and-backups-776640050.html). 

Secondly, check on what's really happening. Can you check if it's really not there or is it not just working? You cannot restore from backup if you don't have a backup in the first place.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events