How secured are private repositories?

Assume I have shared the credentials of my server accidentally in a bitbucket tracker on a private project, will it be available via search? I just wanted to make sure if there are anything that I have to take care of.. before I trust the level of how private a private repository is :)

2 answers

1 accepted

I think you mean that the credentials to the server are in a private bitbucket issue tracker issue, in which case you should be ok. I would get confirmation from at least one other person before you rely on my answer though.

If you mean you shared details about a private project in the issue tracker for bitbucket.org(jira.atlassian.com), you might want to start changing passwords.

Do you mean - will the repository appear in search results if it is private ?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

23,553 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you