How or when will bitbucket enable smart reviews (or any reviews) on mercurial repositories

Michael Oltman October 29, 2012

As Atlassian moves more of its OnDemand functionality for source to Bitbucket and does not appear to be looking at integrating fisheye and crucible with bitbucket repositories, when will the fisheye and crucible functionalities of code search and reviews be available.

This was a major reason for using Atlassian to begin with but wanted to do so with mercurial. Given that it appears Atlassian OnDemand is killing of Fisheye/Crucible anyways when will this functionality be available?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi Mike,

If you are looking to connect your self hosted FishEye and Crucible with BitBucket repository, then that's possible and you can connect it as you connect any other Git or Hg repository using HTTPS authentication.

As for the code reviews in BitBucket it self, there's currently a light-weight code review available in BitBucket such as in-line comments, you can read more about that here:

- http://blog.bitbucket.org/2012/10/09/introducing-the-redesigned-bitbucket/

And I believe more of these reviews is being developed to provide a stronger code reviews for BitBucket repositories.

Hope that helps.

Michael Oltman October 30, 2012

Thanks for the info. I think what I'm looking for is something more like the hooks in Crucible/Fisheye for being able to add directive comments on a commit and have bitbucket automagically create a review of the file. I do like inline comments and reviews, but I would like to create reviews based on commit messages when the changesets are pushed to bitbucket.

Also, is there any Source Search functionality in bitbucket like Fisheye/Crucible?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

For source search functions, I believe it's still not available and you can vote for this request. There are many features that are being developed into BitBucket currently and it's planned in the near future to be implemented.

Michael Oltman October 30, 2012

I definitely voted for that. Any thoughts on comment driven reviews? Is there a feature request or an option for that?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

I'm not sure if there's a feature request somewhere, but you can add that request in the same site above, and one of the BitBucket team should be able to respond to you on that ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events