Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is price affected if the same user is added to multiple teams?

markbattybubbl October 18, 2019

If I want to create two teams say product and R&D and one of the developers will work in both teams, if I then add that one developer to both teams does it affect the cost?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2019

Hi @markbattybubbl , welcome to the Community!

The way pricing works is the following:

A user will pay depending on how many people can access his account. You can have up to 5 users accessing your account for free; once you exceed 5 users you'll need to start paying. If you have 2 separate accounts with only 5 users each, both accounts will be free. The moment you go over 5 users you'll need to pay, even if that user is already accessing any of your other accounts. To make it easier to understand, you're paying for the seat he's using within any given account.

So, in response to your message, yes it will affect the cost as that user is taking seats on both accounts.

I hope this clarifies your question. Let us know if something is not clear enough and we'll be happy to continue helping you.

Best regards,

Ana

markbattybubbl October 21, 2019

OK, thanks Ana.

0 votes
Ankur Saxena January 27, 2020

So I had a similar Q but slightly different scenario.

I have 1 account and i am creating multiple teams (a workspaces i suppose) within the same account which is going to manage all the workspaces / teams / repos.

When i click on https://bitbucket.org/account/create-team/ does it create a new account or a team/workspace to which i can add users? And the total users I pay for is unique users amongst all teams or for each workspace/team for which i have more than 5 team members regardless of uniqueness?

eg.

in my account i create 3 teams:

Team Java

User J1, J2, J3, J4, J5, A1

Team PHP

User P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, A1

Team Misc

User J1, J2, P3, P4, A1, A2

Would I be charged 18+18+18=54 or 12 unique users (J1-5, P1-5, A1-2)*3=36, assuming std plan 3/user

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events