It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How is changing a Bitbucket username affecting the audit logs?

I'm using the Bitbucket REST API resource /rest/api/1.0/admin/users/rename to change a list of usernames.

I can see in both the project and repo audit log that the username is changed there as well for historical events.

My question is if the actual audit log is updated with the new username or if the audit log is just referencing the userid in which case the audit log is not touched.

The Head of Compliance wants to know.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
miguel Atlassian Team Apr 19, 2019

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for raising your question. We can confirm that the audit log at project or repository level does not get changed when the name of the user gets changed. The audit log references a user ID that does not get changed when the name of the user gets changed.

Thanks,

Miguel

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Atlassian supported Jenkins integration for Bitbucket Server

We’ve been building a plugin to integrate Bitbucket Server and Jenkins CI, and I’m excited to announce that our alpha is ready to download and install. It lets you seamlessly configure a Jenkins job ...

497 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you