Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How fast should syncing be between JIRA Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud

Jan Visser January 3, 2018

Hi!

I've set up JIRA Cloud and linked it to Bitbucket Cloud. The connection seems succesful because I can create branches and commits are also picked up in JIRA.

But, I created a pull request, added a commit, and merged the pull request. On the ticket details screen under the header Development the pull request is shown as "OPEN" for quite a while. If I click on it I see the status is merged.

Is this expected? Or should this be instant? Is the sync working correctly?

Not sure how fast it should be.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

It should be instant I think. The Jira user's browser should actually be making a request to Bitbucket to get the latest results if I remember correctly. Does a hard refresh in the browser work?

Jan Visser January 4, 2018

No a hard refresh does not help. I just created another branch. This instantly shows up. When I commit something to it though it shows up instantly too. I created another pull request but it does not show up. If I click on the branch though it does show up. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 10.02.32.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-04 at 10.02.39.png

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Hmm not sure, sorry. I am also not seeing any related bugs for this:  https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20%22JIRA%20Cloud%20(including%20JIRA%20Core)%22%20and%20text%20~%20%22pull%20request%22%20and%20issuetype%20%3D%20Bug%20

As such, I would need to rebuild a similar config in my cloud environment to test with and I just don't have the time right now. Hopefully someone else may have more time to do the same.

Jan Visser February 3, 2018

Haven't used a pull request in a while now. Will check again soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events