Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a licensed BitBucket cloud user share the license with another Atlassian user?

Jawad June 4, 2019

I am trying to create a new team, project, and repository for my team. However when I do that, it gets created as a personal team, project, and repository. But since I am a free plan user, I do not want that. I want BitBucket.org to consider me as a company license user (since my company has already purchased a premium license) so that the new team,project, and repository that I create uses the premium plan and not my personal free plan.

Please tell me what needs to be done to get that permission so that I can ask the company's account admin to grant me that permission.

1 answer

0 votes
Jawad June 4, 2019

Through several hours of R&D, what I have understood is that the concept of a "team" is the same as a "workspace" (i.e. a workspace IS a team). And there is a one to one relationship between a license and a team. This means that whenever you create a team, you need to purchase a new license for it (if you want more features than what the free license allows).

An "account" however refers to globally unique Atlassian cloud account, which can belong to an individual or a company and is identified by an email for uniqueness.

So to summarize, a person having credentials for an "account" can create one or more "teams", but for each team, the non-free licenses will need to be purchased separately.

Considering the above, what I actually need is to become the administrator of my company's team, and not create a new team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events