How does 'Smart mirror push proxy' works?

Hi,

I had a question about smart mirrors and the push proxy as it was introduced in Bitbucket 5.2. The only information that I could find was this text:

Smart mirror push proxy

Smart mirrors in Bitbucket Data Center help global teams speed up pull operations in high-latency and low-bandwidth environments. These read-only copies of repositories stay updated automatically and inherit all the rules and permissions configured on the master server. Previously, continuous integration servers and developers using mirrors needed to maintain 2 URLs, one for fetching from the mirror and the other for pushing to the primary server. In Bitbucket Data Center 5.2, we’re introducing push proxying, which combines both operations into a single HTTP or SSH URL – one less thing to worry about in your day to day development activities.

How does it work? Do I need to configure something on my primairy server? When I create a new clone from my mirror, my remotes (fetch/push) both point to the mirror. And when I try to push code I will get the error: Git failed with a fatal error.fatal: Could not read from remote repository. 

Could somebody explain to me what I'm doing/configuring wrong?

Kind regards 

Rudy

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,334 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you