Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you back up your bitbucket repositories?

Daniel Heitz April 5, 2021

Is there any open source tool you can recommend? Do you back it all up manually?

I'm the founder of BackHub and we have been successfully running a GitHub backup service for the past seven years. I'm wondering if such a service would be useful to bitbucket users as well. Please let me know your thoughts. 

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Not on Cloud, but with our internal Bitbucket Server instance, we use a custom hook to push all accepted changes from Bitbucket to GitHub. Therefore, the GitHub repositories are the cloud-based backups of our actual repositories.

I'm not sure if a hook like that is available for Bitbucket Cloud (it has been rather limited in the past in this sense), but it may worth a check. 

Daniel Heitz April 5, 2021

This is a great idea, then you can just continue working in case bitbucket isn't available. Wondering about the metadata, such as pull requests and issues, are these important to you and worth backing up?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Pull requests could be useful, but I don't think you can replicate issue with great precision, because Jira issues (used by Bitbucket) are much richer than GitHub issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events