How do i generate a release report for diff between my current git tag and previous released tag ?

Rahul Mohan March 4, 2014

How to generate the diff report between 2 tags in an html format. Does stash have any feature in built ? I know that we can do a simple diff between tags to get the info but needed a more presentable format.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rahul Mohan March 17, 2014

I did that using a shell script which modofies the git diiff and log commands and i format that result to make it in xml format. I then run a html generating jar file to conver tthe xml data to html file , thus generating reports. Please contact me if you need any help with this.

Raj July 20, 2017

Rahul - i am looking for exactly the same. Woul dyou be able to share the shell script and  other details.

Thanks in advance.

FFF KKK January 21, 2019

Hi Rahul, I am looking for the same thing :-) could you please share it

Best regards

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

Hi Rahul,

I'm afraid there's nothing like that in Stash (yet). Are you looking to just diff/compare two tags? What do you mean html/presentable format?

You might be interested in the following feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3276

Cheers,

Charles

Rahul Mohan March 11, 2014

Hi Charles ,

Thanks for the response. I am looking to get the diff output formatted to an html file. In a presentable format. I have tried out different tools to do that, but does not look good.

Thanks,

Rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events