How do i come back to a previous commit and my bitbucket repo must also be reset.

Devansh Khanwalkar February 25, 2015

as you can see from screen shot i went ahead of a commit and then wanted to come back to commit saying "website loading balls added". i reversed commit and then it turned pink. saying master 1 behind.

however when i go to my bitbucket repo the changes were not seen they were in this commit..

i want the above commit saying "footer icons added" to be deleted and my origin/master to come on "website loaing balls added". there should be nothing above it.

please help!.

also i want that bitbucket repo should reflect all files that were/wern't in this commit.

Untitled.png

2 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2015

What you are requesting to do is a dangerous operation, so SourceTree doesn't provide the UI to do it in exactly the way you described. Commands for what you are attempting can be found here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5816688/reseting-remote-to-a-certain-commit

As explained in the answers, if ANYONE has pulled the "footer icon added" commit that you pushed to origin, you are better off reverting the commit instead of resetting to a previous one. This can be done in SourceTree by right-clicking the bad commit, and choosing "Reverse commit...".

0 votes
Devansh Khanwalkar February 25, 2015

to explain last line.. for example if i had an image in the "website loading balls added" commit it shoult be added back to the repo when i come back to this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events