How do I uses external-hooks with positional parameters?

Hayoung Jeong October 15, 2013

Hi,

I'm using Stash 2.8 with external-hook add-on, which can enable to run a external script successfully. But, I cannot know how I use positional parameters.

Actually, I want to pass the sha1 hash, branch name and user name as a parameter of the external script. Could you guide to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Hi Hayoung,

That's actually the first I've seen of that plugin. Looking at the code it looks like it's passing in (in order) from hash, to hash, ref id (branch). You should be able to get them via $1, $2 and $3 in your script?

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they're passing in the current user. There isn't much I can do there, you would have to leave a message on the marketplace page. If you manually install raw scripts in the repository pre/post-receive.d hooks directories then Stash will also have set the $REMOTE_USER environment variable which contains the current username.

Generally we recommending using our more powerful Stash hooks, which have access to all this information (and more), although it does mean writing Java.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Hayoung Jeong December 29, 2013

Thank you very much~

0 votes
Stanislav Seletskiy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2013

Hi!

Maintaner here. Charles was perfectly correct about positional paramers and user name.

I've updated documentation to make clear how to pass arguments.

Also, I've released new version that have possibility of passing user name and email in special environment variables named $STASH_USER_NAME and $STASH_USER_EMAIL.

Stanislav.

Anand Ganesh April 19, 2018

Hi Stanislav,

I can't seem to find the documentation for the positional parameters. Can you please paste a link here to them? Thanks.

Stanislav Seletskiy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events