How do I set up Bamboo to build pull requests from Stash/Bitbucket Server?

Pradeep Gollakota October 23, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Integrating Bamboo with Bitbucket Server

Your documentation talks about how I can see the build status on commits and pull requests. While there is documentation on how to set up branch builds, theres no documentation about how to set up Bamboo to build only Pull Requests (in addition to master).

I'm currently running Stash v3.11.

2 answers

0 votes
Ian Norton November 5, 2016

There is a jenkins plugin that does exactly this, it's a huge pity that bamboo doesn't do this out of the box. You can also make bamboo do it with some manual git calls.

For more details see the answers in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/188883

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2015

Pull request is not a branch. It is the delta between the source and destination. You cannot create a build against that. I am afraid you will have to build the branch and rely on pull request code reviews to make sure the code is good to go!

Atleast that's what I have done so far. Would be interesting to see if there are other options or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events