Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I migrate code from tfs to Bitbucket(Stash)

Ruhani Sood January 14, 2019

Hello Team,

I am about to start working on a new project which involves the migration of code from tfs to stash.

The tfs repo has folders and sub folders. 

Is there nay documentation available to understand the process ?

Could you please help me in getting started ?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2019

Hello Ruhani and welcome to the Community!

Congratulations on starting the move to Bitbucket! There is in fact documentation which reviews this migration at a very high level. There is not an Atlassian step by step guide to complete this though. You may find the Atlassian document at Bitbucket: Migrating from TFS to Bitbucket. The document is short however, so to make life easier I will just paste its contents within this post to save a click:

Question

How can I migrate a TFS branch to Bitbucket (Git) repository?

How to migrate from TFS to Bitbucket? 

How to migrate from TFVC to Bitbucket? 

Environment

Server/Cloud

Answer

It is possible to migrate TFS to Git with your history. We do not publish guides specific to this, but there seem to be a lot published by third parties, such as Visual Studio's page on Migrating from TFVC to Git. 
There is also a thread on this topic on our Atlassian Community. Once you've migrated from TFS to Git, you will easily be able to import your Git repositories into Bitbucket Server. Lots of our customers already perform successfully this migration. 

If you need assistance with the migration from TFS, or have any specific questions about the process, our Atlassian Solutions Partners will be able to assist you more specifically. 

I hope this document helps to give some guidance on how to move forward with your migration.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events