Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I manually delete a trusted application link from Stash?

Nathan Swartzentruber March 11, 2015

I am trying to set up an Application Link between Stash and Jira. I was having some SSL issues with these links, but now I've gotten all my keys straightened out, and I'm able to create a link between the two applications.

However, when I edit my link to JIRA from the Stash settings and try to configure the link from Stash to Jira to use Trusted Applications, I get a 500 error.

From the log the error is:

2015-03-11 15:00:12,437 ERROR [http-nio-5443-exec-6] @OG1X23x900x1535x0 e7xtqt 10.8.146.19 "GET /mvc/error500 HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.web.ErrorPageController There was an unhandled exception loading [/plugins/servlet/applinks/auth/conf/trusted/inbound-non-ual/8bcc7f6c-e699-319e-9ae7-ad3eb0a23965]
com.atlassian.stash.exception.DataStoreException: A database error has occurred.
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.aop.ExceptionRewriteAdvice.afterThrowing(ExceptionRewriteAdvice.java:41) ~[stash-platform-3.7.0.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.applinks.core.auth.trusted.ProviderConfigurationServlet.render(ProviderConfigurationServlet.java:320) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.applinks.core.auth.trusted.ProviderConfigurationServlet.doGet(ProviderConfigurationServlet.java:134) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.applinks.ui.AbstractApplinksServlet.service(AbstractApplinksServlet.java:159) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.applinks.ui.auth.AdminFilter.doFilter(AdminFilter.java:60) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.applinks.core.rest.context.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:25) ~[na:na]
at com.opensymphony.sitemesh.webapp.SiteMeshFilter.obtainContent(SiteMeshFilter.java:181) ~[sitemesh-2.5-atlassian-10.jar:na]
at com.opensymphony.sitemesh.webapp.SiteMeshFilter.doFilter(SiteMeshFilter.java:85) ~[sitemesh-2.5-atlassian-10.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.spring.security.StashAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(StashAuthenticationFilter.java:86) ~[StashAuthenticationFilter.class:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.auth.BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.doInsideSpringSecurityChain(BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.java:111) ~[BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.class:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.auth.BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.java:77) ~[BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.class:na]
at com.atlassian.security.auth.trustedapps.filter.TrustedApplicationsFilter.doFilter(TrustedApplicationsFilter.java:100) ~[atlassian-trusted-apps-core-3.0.8.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider.internal.servlet.OAuthFilter.doFilter(OAuthFilter.java:79) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.analytics.client.filter.DefaultAnalyticsFilter.doFilter(DefaultAnalyticsFilter.java:32) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.analytics.client.filter.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:32) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.auth.BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.doBeforeBeforeLoginFilters(BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.java:89) ~[BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.class:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.auth.BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.java:75) ~[BeforeLoginPluginAuthenticationFilter.class:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.request.DefaultRequestManager.doAsRequest(DefaultRequestManager.java:85) ~[stash-service-impl-3.7.0.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hazelcast.ConfigurableWebFilter.doFilter(ConfigurableWebFilter.java:38) ~[ConfigurableWebFilter.class:na]
at net.bull.javamelody.MonitoringFilter.doFilter(MonitoringFilter.java:198) ~[jira-javamelody-1.53.0.jar:na]
at net.bull.javamelody.MonitoringFilter.doFilter(MonitoringFilter.java:176) ~[jira-javamelody-1.53.0.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_17]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_17]
... 205 frames trimmed
Caused by: org.hibernate.NonUniqueResultException: query did not return a unique result: 2
at org.hibernate.internal.AbstractQueryImpl.uniqueElement(AbstractQueryImpl.java:975) ~[hibernate-core-4.3.6.Final.jar:4.3.6.Final]
at org.hibernate.internal.AbstractQueryImpl.uniqueResult(AbstractQueryImpl.java:966) ~[hibernate-core-4.3.6.Final.jar:4.3.6.Final]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.auth.trusted.HibernateTrustedApplicationDao.getByApplicationId(HibernateTrustedApplicationDao.java:41) ~[stash-dao-impl-3.7.0.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.auth.trusted.TrustedApplicationsManagerImpl.getTrustedApplication(TrustedApplicationsManagerImpl.java:105) ~[stash-service-impl-3.7.0.jar:na]
... 23 common frames omitted

If I delete the application link from Stash, I get a message that says:

There are existing Trusted Applications or OAuth relationships that should be upgraded to Application Links. Click here to upgrade.

When I follow the link to upgrade I see a list with two items:

Trusted Applications Certificate jira:10909871 Upgrade to Application Link | Delete
Trusted Applications Certificate jira:10909871 Upgrade to Application Link | Delete

But if I attempt to delete either one of them I get:

Failed to delete orphaned trust certificate: A database error has occurred.

I assume there's some corrupted or old data in Stash's database that's causing these problems, but I haven't been able to find any info on manually deleting application links from stash. I found an article on deleting links from jira, but the tables are sufficiently different that it can't be easily translated to stash.

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for your question.

Please, refer to Errors from trusted application link or Unable to delete application link for further information.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events